THE SORBET GROUP INVITES YOU TO FUND A FUTURE WITH US
You can play an integral part in creating measurable change for Wo+Men by SEWing Sorbet Support.
You know and love Sorbet as your favourite salon to have your nails, hair, facials, waxing (and so much more)!
But did you know that the Sorbet Group is a business that is proudly community-centred, and lives by the philosophy of uplifting its citizens?
One of our exceptional upliftment programmes is SEW.
- SEW stands for Sorbet Empowering Wo+Men… and SEW much more.
- SEW is an initiative that creates socio-economic upliftment by providing skills training and education for women and men, allowing them to enter the beauty and grooming industry.
- SEW stands for sustainability. We provide people with lasting professions.
- SEW stands for uplifting lives.
- SEW stands for creating measurable change; for possibility, potential, and purpose.
- SEW fills the gap by training more individuals in order to fill the demand in the industry, while making a difference in people’s lives.
What Makes the SEW Programme Successful?
- The result is to pathway as many professional barbers, hairstylists, and beauty therapists into the trade as possible, making them immediately employable and contributing members of society.
- Both SEW’s graduate and job placement history are highly successful due to our partnership with a renowned recruitment organisation and our world-class training academies.
How Can You Support SEW?
We have a few ways that you can safely and securely donate to this incredible initiative.
To contribute to creating a better tomorrow, DONATE R10
BUY any Sorbet product from Sorbet & a portion of the proceeds will be contributed into the SEW foundation.
Did you know: You can select SEW as a beneficiary on your My School Card so when you swipe your My School Card at any Woolworths SEW will receive a contribution.
Please note you can only support SEW in any of our Sorbet Salons, Sorbet Nailbar, Sorbet Hairbar (previously known as Sorbet Drybar), Sorbet MAN, and Candi&Co. Salons.
Thank you for SEWing with love to someone’s future! 😊
The Gap we Fill
SEW fills the gap by training more individuals in order to fill the demand in the industry, while making a difference to people’s lives.
Opportunities exist for qualified professionals in the South African beauty and grooming industries.
How we Build Beautiful Lives
SEW enrols unemployed women and men into world class training affiliated to the Sorbet Group to gain the education needed to become a successful barber, hairstylist or beauty therapist.
We further support the process of sourcing well-suited candidates. Their competence, compassion and soft skills are pre-requisites, in ensuring high calibre professional graduates, enabling them to secure sustainable employment.
The Joy we’ve created in our Journey
- 90% of our SEW graduates between 2014 and 2019 have successfully found employment as professionals in the beauty and grooming industry after graduating.
- SEW has positively affected 190 lives through our training program
- Sorbet is a MySchool Card Beneficiary – we encourage you to choose SEW as your beneficiary of choice.
Change a Life. Fund a Future.
Your support will improve a life by funding the practical and soft skills training of a woman or man in South Africa.
Your support will lead to the growth and happiness of an individual and the start of their chosen careers in our country – being part of uplifting South Africa’s economy and local communities depends on their success, it all starts with passion and a formal skill set for a person to thrive.
SEW Training Opportunities
If you are interested in applying to the SEW bursary initiative please email email@example.com and you could start your journey to upliftment and success.
Please note our applicants
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must have a South African ID
CELEBRATING OUR SEW CITIZENS….
SEW stands for Sorbet Empowering Wo+Men… and SEW much more.
Stemming from the Sorbet Group’s philosophy of uplifting citizens, we were inspired to touch lives positively.
With over 3000 employees, at Sorbet we believe in community and in family. We believe in giving back and being part of empowering lives. We want to make a meaningful difference to South Africa and the industry; this is why our SEW Foundation is built on empowering and touching lives in a positive way.
SEW is an initiative that creates socio-economic upliftment by providing skills training and education for women and men, thereby allowing them to enter the beauty and grooming industry. Driven by our Sorbet family and carefully designed to give people that first step toward making their dream of joining Sorbet a reality.
Stemming from the Sorbet Group’s philosophy of uplifting citizens, we were inspired to touch lives and celebrated our SEW candidates with a glow up of their very own
MEET SOME OF OUR SEW STARS!